Friday 26 March 2010

Wild Goose Chasing Season.

Before anybody says anything, I know it was my own fault!

Sarah and Jim off Chertsey have been up at Stretton all week and I have just not been able to get away to pop over and visit them and have a nosey round their boat and the work being done up at Keith Ball’s yard. As I finish work at 3.00pm on a Friday I thought I would surprise them with a visit, even though I had got to be down at the local Power Station Club house for 6.30pm to help out with the membership renewals. I raced home and quickly ran through my chores, had shower, shave and got dressed so I could go straight to the Club after my visit. Headed off to Keith Ball’s yard and got there just after 4.00pm. As I pulled onto the yard and switched off the engine I saw a fellow coming over towards me and recognised him as Keith. He asked if he could help me and I said “is Jim and Sarah here, or have they gone”. “You must be Blossom” he said and went on to explain that I had missed them and they were now on their way home but were calling at the moorings at Kings Bromley on the way. I spent the next hour chatting to Keith as he showed me round the yard and we discussed some of the historic boats he had at the yard as well as the 9hp and 15 hp Bolinders he had along with the original fuel tank off Minnow! Unfortunately he did not want to part with it as he intended to use it, along with the 9hp Bolinder in Gambia/Siberia. Anyway after this hour’s chat, I bade my farewells and raced off down to the moorings at Kings Bromley to try and catch them there, but again unfortunately I had missed them again. It looks like it will be after Easter now before I get to see them, In the meantime I am keeping my eye on there new home. So till next time,

Don’t bang ‘em about.

Blossom

PS Chertsey’s looking good!

2 comments:

  1. Blossom, I am so sorry we missed you. It's beginning to look as if we're destined never to meet! Wish we'd stayed longer now but we'd had such a productive few days that there wasn't really anything left that we could do on this visit. I am glad that you got a nice guided tour though and especially that you got to have a look at Chertsey. They're doing a fantastic job aren't they.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Blossom, you sure dont change, even after even after 27 years, you are still the same old Blossom. We have just got back from Liverpool and on our way back to the Marina for a week, then we are coming up your way a will moor outside your house!!!!
    So get the BBQ ready!!! I supply drink, you supply food!

    ReplyDelete