Saturday 20 March 2010

Rain Stops Play

Some months ago now, I was down the moorings working on minnow when Brian a neighbour who’s boat is moored next to Minnow at the moment, came knocking on the cabin side. When I stuck my head out of the engine ‘ole he was stood there sporting a water can type thing. A design I had never seen before and obviously old. “Ay up Blossom, just wondered if this was any use to you” It turned out to be his dads and was in a garden shed and his daughter had painted in with ‘roses and a church in oil paints which had all faded and cracked. “Just thought you could paint it up for on the roof of your boat.” “Cheers Bri’ I’m sure I’ll find a use for it” I brought it home and it has stood in the office/computer room since before Christmas and when I had finished painting Chertseys bucket ‘n’ chucket I was in the mood for painting and so I set to work on it. As it poured down with rain all day today I decided not to go down to Minnow, but occupied myself by finishing off the ‘can thing’




I will put it in Minnows engine ‘ole and I’m sure I will find a use for it. If anybody knows what it is please let me know, the body is about 12” wide and 14”high.

Cheers

Blossom

2 comments:

  1. I think this is a vintage watering can.The nearest I can get is this link.
    http://www.thevintagegardener.com/wcan9.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Casting my mind back some 55 years I think my grandfather had something like it when he sold parafin from the village store, what reminds me is the lip to stop spillage when pouring and the lid to keep the muck out.

    ReplyDelete