Saturday 27 March 2010

New Coat for Minnow's Bolinder

Had a really satisfying day down on Minnow today. As the weather was so fine I decided to finish off prepping and painting the engine. After coffee and toast I loaded a few bits and pieces into a bag and I was off. Spent the first couple of hours finishing off the prepping with file, old kitchen knife and an assortment of various grade sandpaper/wet & dry. I had already painted the flame hood and hot bulb Almond White with ‘Calfire’ stove paint and so I set about spending the next three hours painting the main castings with Craftsmaster Engine Enamel Mid Brunswick green. The sun shone gloriously but with all doors/slides open for maximum light, I was absolutely frozen even with tee shirt, jumper and fleecy shirt on. (lying on the steel floor plates of the engine ‘ole did not help I suspect. When finished I made a coffee and just sat on the battery box admiring the engine and I must admit it does look quite good.

Before painting

Flame hood painted and engine castings prepped

Bolinder’s new paint job

We are off out tonight to a show night with female singer, comedian and a tribute Queen band called QE2 so a good night is expected and a bad head in the morning!

So I’m off for a shower and get ready as the taxi is at 6.30pm. so till next time,

Don’t bang ‘em about.

Blossom.

No comments:

Post a Comment