Sunday 9 May 2010

A Wet Fish

Rain, rain and more rain. Went down to Minnow on Saturday but could not get any of the jobs done that I really wanted to as it poured down most of the day. So I spent the day tatting about in the back cabin. Wire brushed the range then gave it a good black leading followed by brass polishing which included Fiddle rails on range

Six rosettes

Chimbly chain

Four brass bed knobs

Back door handles

Ticket draw handle

Towel rail over range

Nine pot hooks

Star horse brass

Four mini brass windlasses

And not even started on the engine and so do I like polishing brass – no I hate it – but I do like to see it.

Brought the engine flywheel guard home with me as I needed to drill some extra holes in it, as I am moving it further back towards the engine so that it catches any oil that spins off the flywheel. While I have it at home I will also paint it. Here’s hoping we have some better weather next week end and I can varnish the cabin tops and get on with some of the jobs I need to get done before we head off for the Middlewich Folk and Canal Festival on 18,19 & 20th June.

Blossom

No comments:

Post a Comment