Thursday 20 May 2010

Dog walking and cups of coffee

The week before last, I was keeping my better half sweet by doing some work at home, namely at the bottom of the garden and as I stepped down the bank to the canal I slipped and landed quite heavily on the base of my spine. After about half an hour it eased and I thought that was the last of it. This Sunday I decided to continue my ‘good deed’ and to re-lay about a dozen slabs on the patio which had all sunken and moved. By the end of the day, while I was sat at my computer, typing up my blog, I could feel the aches and pains getting worse in my back but just thought ‘they will go after a good nights sleep’ but they didn’t. The next day at work I was in agony and by Monday night could hardly move. It has been three days now and it is only just about getting right. When Dawn came from work she said that being as it was such a nice evening did I want to go to our favourite chippy in Handsacre by Crown Bridge (58) get fish and chips and take them to Fradley Junction, park up by Keepers lock and eat them then take the dog a walk up the canal past the Swan and up to Woodend lock. With this agreed we loaded the dog in the back of the car, grabbed the bottle of red sauce and the salt pot and off we went. With fish and chips consumed we got out the car and strolled along the towpath/roadway up past the pub and the bikers and drinkers enjoying the last of the evening sun shine sitting on the benches and tables out side the ‘Mucky Duck’ as we got just past the junction there was a shout from off the island of “ alright Blossom, Dawn, how ya doin. It was Viv and Simon off Monarch and Grimsby. After the exchange of a few words, Simon shouted do you want to come round and have a coffee. And so the dogs walk was postponed and we spent the next hour catching up as we had not seen them since last summer. Viv is now the manager for OwnerShips at Fradley and the work that she and Simon have done in the shop there is astounding.



They sell a good range of food and supplies including organic and ‘green’ foods and products, gifts, boat fixtures and fittings magazines, books and bric a brac to name but a few so please drop in if passing or even for diesel or a pump out. (There you go Viv there’s your free advert) By the end of the hour, Email addresses and mobile phone numbers had been exchanged and even discussions of a mini boat gathering that involved food and beer. Sounds like a good mixture to me, so until then,

Don’t bang ‘em about.

Blossom

2 comments:

  1. It's good to be able to read something positive about OwnerShips for a change! Hope your aches and pains go soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know who actualy owns the yard now, there was some confusion as to whether it was Ownerships (now decessed) or Jan.
    I hope Viv and Simon are getting paid and their jobs are safe

    ReplyDelete