Sunday 16 May 2010

A good day done

Had a really enjoyable day down the boat on Saturday and feel as though I am starting to finally get on top of the jobs resulting from the Winter and in readiness for the Summer boating season. I really need to get my finger pulled out as we are off in four weeks for a fortnights holiday. We are going down to Middlewich on the Trent & Mersey for the Middlewich Folk and Canal Festival over the 18th – 20th June then going to take a week to come back via the Shroppie, so I have to really get stuck in to get the boat ready. A start, though, has been made with the flywheel cover.

there’s the Ocean plait Mat in place doing what it was intended for.

And just to show the Mast Dropper in position-

Then finally I gave the two back end cupboards and the hold steps a rub down followed by a coat of red oxide.

I would have given the cabin top another coat of varnish but, There were far too many ‘sugar fairies’ in the breeze.(dandelion seeds) and as I said to Brian off the next boat to ours, if I had of varnished it would have ended up as a mohair finish!

Blossom.

1 comment:

  1. See you at Middlewich in June, if all goes to plan....... ie if my daughter has her baby on time!!

    ReplyDelete